Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm super excited to spend the evening eating pizza and chicken wings tonight with my valentine! ;)
Today will be super busy at school! The kiddos are so excited to pass out their "valentimes" and have the party! This year we're having a "healthier" menu selection. Instead of all sweets, we're going to have other options such as fruit, veggies, nuts, string cheese, and sugar cookies! I really promote healthy eating in my classroom. I think children need to learn how to make healthy choices at an early age. Sometimes, we have a contest to see who has brought in the healthiest snack!

This year for Valentine's Day I didn't go out and spend a bunch of money on treat bags for my kiddos. Thanks to Pinterest I found an awesome way to use old crayons! A week or so ago, I had my kids pick out their old broken crayons from their crayon boxes. I ended up getting a great big container full of crayon pieces that would have ended up in the trash. I told them I was going to take their old crayons  and make something new! I went ahead and tied in the reuse and recylcing concept and little early this year. ;)




All you need is a muffin pan or some sort of silicon mold. I wanted to use a heart mold, but couldn't find one reasonably priced so I used my muffin pan and it was it to clean up. Set your oven at 250 degrees and they take about 10 or so minutes to melt! I have $0 in this cool project for my kiddos and they are going to love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment