Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday Friends!

Today hasn't started off too happy. The hubs and I were woke up by a very sick pup :( We're pretty sure he's allergic to chicken which means everytime we make it (and he doesn't even eat it) he gets extremely sick. I guess no more chicken for us for a while! So I've been awake since around 4am which isn't going to go over well this afternoon when my kindergarten kiddos are napping and my eyes start to get heavy! Actually, it will probably hit me this evening! I better go grab my morning pick me up (extra bold coffee) so I can get my morning started!

Oh and by the way here is the YUMMY chicken recipe that I made over the weekend, but don't consider it if your pup is allergic! ick!

Rolled Oat Chicken

-2 tablespoons canola oil
-2 teaspoons chili powder
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon ground cumin
-3/4 teaspoon salt
-1 1/2 cupos of quaker oats uncooked
-1 egg lighty beaten
-1 tablespoon water
-4 boned and skinned chicken breast halves

Preparation

Heat oven to 375F. In flat, shallow dish stir together oil, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and salt. Add oats, stirring until evenly moistened

In a separate bowl, beat egg and water until frothy. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then coat chicken in oat mixture. Place chicken on foil lined baking sheet. Put any extra mixure on top of chicken.

Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked thorough and oat coating is golden brown.

This is yummy and very healthy!!!! :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment